- 5 lbs korean-style short ribs (flanken)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin or sweet Sherry
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 small onion peeled & finely grated
- 1 small Asian pear peeled & finely grated
- 1/4 cup (around 15 cloves) minced garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
Combine all ingredients except for ribs; whisk well. Pour over ribs and marinate (refrigerated) minimum 4 hours, ideally overnight.
Heat grill to medium-high. Drain ribs and discard marinade. Grill ribs until browned and cooked medium-rare (about 3 minutes per side). Enjoy!